Who are we?
GYC (Generation.Youth.Christ) is a youth-initiated and-led movement of Seventh-day Adventists from diverse backgrounds, united in a common commitment to serious Bible study, intense prayer, uncompromising lifestyle, and boldness in sharing Christ with others.
GYC seeks to uphold the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and equip and inspire young Adventists to be Christian ambassadors to their respective places of work and study.
GYC – Eastern Canada is the eastern Canadian affiliate of GYC. We are Canadian Seventh-day Adventist young people who seek to promote the spirit and ideals of GYC in eastern Canada.
GYC – Eastern Canada is a recognized independent supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church of Canada
An army of dedicated young people within the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada who exemplify the spirit of GYC and are on a mission to share the Three Angels’ Messages to all of Eastern Canada in this generation.
- Promote GYC’s annual conference, missions, and initiatives
- Host an annual revival conference that provides biblical training, inspirational messages, and networking opportunities for Adventist young people across Eastern Canada
- Organize a youth-led mission in Eastern Canada
GYC-Eastern Canada inspires, trains, and networks Seventh-day Adventist young people to share the Three Angels’ Messages to all of eastern Canada in this generation.
Spirit of GYC
In seeking to uphold the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, GYC will promote among its participants:
- A respect for Scripture as the foundation and test of all teachings and practices
- An appreciation for the Spirit of Prophecy as an authoritative source of instruction, comfort, and warning
- A quest for Biblical holiness through a daily prayer and devotional experience with Jesus and a commitment to following His Word
- A vibrant worship experience one that is characterized by principle, reverence, and decorum
- A passion for lost souls animated by personal experience in the saving love of Jesus and a desire for His imminent return
- A cultivation of godly relationships preserving purity and encouraging accountability
- An exemplary and abundant lifestyle in recreation, entertainment, dress, and healthful living
- An enthusiasm for service through care for the needy, service to the community, promotion of human rights, and stewardship of the environment
- A commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist Church as God’s remnant church by supporting and upholding its principles, organization, and leadership
- An attitude of humility and cordiality as we seek to clarify, articulate, and defend the Biblical teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist church